Biostatistics and Computational Scientist for Oncology Diagnostics
Biotheranostics, Inc. develops molecular diagnostic tests that include supporting the selection of individualized oncology therapies through improved cancer classification and better breast cancer prognosis and recurrence risk stratification. The company operates a CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited diagnostic laboratory in San Diego, CA. Biotheranostics, Inc. is seeking a high energy and productive Biostatistics and Computational Scientist to join our team.
- Provide study design input and author Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) for clinical studies of biomarker validation and clinical utility.
- Write technical reports and documents for clinical laboratory and regulatory submissions.
- Utilize computational and statistical analyses for development and/or improvement of algorithms for clinical diagnostic products.
- Cross-functionally support Clinical Development, R&D, Medical & Scientific Affairs and Regulatory Affairs.
- Provide consultation to project team on statistical issues.
- Effectively communicate data and conclusions to functional groups and collaborators.
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Statistics, or Ph.D. in a Biological Science with M.S. in Statistics.
- Excellent knowledge of biostatistical methods (especially survival analysis, mixed models, linear hypothesis testing etc.)
- Strong programming experience in statistical analysis software R.
- Experience with clinical trial design as it relates to biomarker validation and clinical utility studies.
- Working knowledge of oncology-related biomarker discovery, development and diagnostics is highly desired.
- Relevant experience in predictive modeling, supervised learning, and development of algorithms to explore complex biological/genomic datasets will be helpful.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Excel VBA, Perl scripting, Java or C# and Microsoft .NET framework) will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in interacting with external industry and academic collaborators.
Biotheranostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer or EOE and offers a highly competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail