Biostatistician for Oncology Diagnostics
Reporting Structure: Senior Director, Biostatistics and Computational Science
Biotheranostics, Inc. develops molecular diagnostic tests that include supporting the selection of individualized oncology therapies through improved cancer classification and better breast cancer prognosis and recurrence risk stratification. The company operates a CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited diagnostic laboratory in San Diego, CA. Biotheranostics, Inc. is seeking a high energy and productive Biostatistician to join our team.
Key Requirements & Duties:
- Provide study design input, author Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) and perform statistical analysis for biomarker validation and clinical utility studies.
- Lead the development and/or improvement of algorithms for clinical diagnostic products using computational and statistical methodologies
- Write technical reports and documents to support clinical laboratory compliance
- Cross-functionally support to Clinical Development, R&D, Medical & Scientific Affairs.
- Provide consultation to project team on statistical issues.
- Effectively communicate data and conclusions to functional groups and collaborators.
- M.S. or preferably Ph.D. in Biostatistics, with 2-5 years industrial experience
- Excellent knowledge of biostatistical methods (especially survival analysis, mixed models, linear hypothesis testing, data mining, machine learning, etc.)
- Strong programming experience in statistical analysis software R.
- Experience with clinical trial design as it relates to biomarker validation and clinical utility studies
- Working knowledge of oncology-related biomarker discovery, development and diagnostics is highly desired.
- Relevant experience in predictive modeling, supervised learning, and development of algorithms to explore complex biological/genomic datasets will be helpful.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Excel VBA, Perl scripting, Java or C# and Microsoft .NET framework) will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in interacting with external industry and academic collaborators.
If interested, please submit a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail