May 29, 2013
bioTheranostics To Present Data on CancerTYPE ID and Breast Cancer Index at 2013 ASCO Annual Meeting
Data released at 2013 ASCO meeting highlight impact of CancerTYPE ID on cancer management
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE…May 29, 2013…SAN DIEGO…bioTheranostics, Inc., a leading provider of molecular diagnostic solutions for cancer, today announced that 11 data presentations will be released during the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting May 31–June 4, 2013, in Chicago. The studies highlight the clinical utility of the company’s CancerTYPE ID® assay and Breast Cancer IndexSM (BCI), with results supporting the role of these molecular tests in individualized treatment programs for cancer patients.
bioTheranostics also will host an Industry Expert Theater educational presentation titled, “Demanding Certainty in Metastatic Cancer Diagnosis: The Clinical Impact of CancerTYPE ID®,” June 2, 2013, at 11:30 a.m. The company’s products will be demonstrated at booth #23041.
“These studies are part of a large and growing body of clinical evidence demonstrating the positive impact our CancerTYPE ID and Breast Cancer Index molecular tests have on the management of cancer patients,” said Richard Ding, president and CEO of bioTheranostics. “The data provide key insights into the value of our molecular tests in influencing clinical decision making and impacting patient outcomes and healthcare costs, and we look forward to sharing and discussing the results during the 2013 ASCO meeting.”
The studies were conducted by researchers at leading institutions, including Linköping University (Sweden); Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center; Massachusetts General Hospital; Sarah Cannon Research Institute; University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine; University of Kentucky; University of Pittsburgh Medical Center; and the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
CancerTYPE ID Posters ∓ Abstracts
- Poster presentation: Molecular tumor profiling (MTP) of poorly differentiated neoplasms (PDN) of unknown primary site. Greco FA, et al. Abstract #11080.
- Multivariate analysis of prognostic factors in cancer of unknown primary (CUP) patients treated with site-specific therapy based on the 92-gene cancer classifier. Schnabel CA, et al. Abstract #e15006.
- Impact of the 92-gene assay on cost of diagnosis of tumor type in metastatic cancer of uncertain origin. Bentley TG, et al. Abstract #e15104.
- Effect of the 92-gene molecular classifier on therapeutic decision-making in cancers of uncertain primary. Schroeder B, et al. Abstract #e15130.
- Use of the 92-gene assay to identify tumor type and direct predictive biomarker testing in limited tissue specimens. Operana TN, et al. Abstract #e19072.
- Poster presentation: Diagnostic utility and prognostic performance of a 92-gene cancer classifier to molecularly profile periampullary adenocarcinomas (PAA). Overman MJ, et al. Abstract #4133.
- Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) presenting as cancer of unknown primary (CUP): Diagnosis by molecular tumor profiling (MTP). Hainsworth JD, et al. Abstract #e15501.
- Poster presentation: Gene expression profiling (GEP) to predict the primary site of metastatic neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) presenting with an unknown primary. Woltering E, et al. Abstract #4141.
- Confirmation of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) diagnosis using ALK testing and genetic profiling in patients presenting with carcinoma of unknown primary site (CUP). Penley WC, et al. Abstract #e19062.
Breast Cancer Index Poster & Abstract
- Poster presentation: Prediction of early and late distant recurrence in early-stage breast cancer with Breast Cancer Index. Zhang Y, et al. Abstract #594.
- Health economic analysis of Breast Cancer Index in patients with ER+, LN- breast cancer. Gustavsen G, et al. Abstract #e11504.
Abstracts for the 11 studies concerning bioTheranostics’ molecular tests can be accessed on the ASCO website.
bioTheranostics, Inc., is the leading solution provider for metastatic cancer management, leveraging its unique expertise in gene expression profiling to develop a growing array of molecular diagnostic tests for cancer patients. The company operates a CLIA-certified, CAPaccredited diagnostic laboratory to perform its proprietary tests: the CancerTYPE ID® molecular classification test; PRÉCIS® Precision Medicine, which includes biomarker profiles for non-small cell lung, colorectal, and other cancers; and Breast Cancer IndexSM, which quantifies risk of recurrence of estrogen receptor-positive, lymph node-negative breast cancer. bioTheranostics, a bioMérieux company, is based in San Diego. Learn more at www.biotheranostics.com.