Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Reports to: Supervisor, Manager, Director, or VP of Operations
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) will perform laboratory tests according to approved policies and procedures for all phases of testing; pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic, as well as general laboratory systems.
- Minimum of one year clinical experience required - molecular experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nucleic acid extraction, amplification (PCR), and operation of molecular equipment – thermocyclers, nucleic acid extraction machine and PCR machine.
- Good pipetting skills.
- Good knowledge of Quality Control.
- Perform laboratory tests and experiments to support clinical research efforts according to study protocols.
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration of instrumentation and equipment used to perform the testing.
- Follow quality control and quality assessment programs.
- Evaluate test results for completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Assist with revising laboratory documents including policies, procedures, forms.
- Assist QA in CAP, State and other regulatory bodies inspections.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Performs other essential job-related functions as assigned.
- ASCP or California-licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), California licensed Clinical Genetic Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in medical technology or biological sciences with a curriculum meeting national testing personnel standards.
- Must meet the requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA 88 (42 CFR, part 493).
If interested, please a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail