Clinical Laboratory Scientist Supervisor
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Supervisor will be responsible for performing all technical and scientific processes in a high complexity genetic testing CLIA certified laboratory along with leading a team of laboratorians.
- Performs clinical testing of patient samples, which includes set-up of molecular assays, data analysis and reporting of results to our internal pathologists.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control processes and document quality control activities.
- Supports the Corporate and Laboratory Operations Goals and Objectives.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of assay failures and instrument errors.
- Participates in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including maintaining quality systems and supporting on-site inspections of the laboratory.
- Trains CLS personnel and other staff on laboratory processes, as needed.
- Utilizes an in-house Lab Information System (LIS).
- Identifies problems that may affect test performance or results and escalate to supervisor as required.
- Complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations.
- May be required to monitor the activities of non-licensed personnel.
- May be required to supervise the activities of the laboratory in the absence of an on-site manager.
- May be required to assist in assay development activities.
- Functions as the primary point of contact for issues impacting the department.
- Maintains the workflow by creating a monthly schedule and troubleshoots all areas within the specified department.
- Assists laboratory leadership in managing the day to day operation of the department.
- Ensures accurate and efficient laboratory services are always provided by the department.
- Confers with the Medical Staff, QA, and laboratory management to make recommendations concerning the operation of the department including policies, procedures, and equipment applications.
- Facilitates interactions with instrument and reagent vendors regarding laboratory needs.
- Provides technical instructions, training and guidance to the laboratory staff.
- Adheres to laboratory quality control standards and ensures compliance with all state, CLIA, and CAP regulations.
- Responsible for the laboratory department personnel, including hiring, annual reviews, and corrective action implementations.
- Work with all laboratory departments to facilitate communications and streamlined laboratory processes.
- Work well in a cross-functional team environment with meticulous attention to detail, strong data entry skills, excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter in resolving discrepancies and proactively improving operational efficiencies.
- Focus on quality of patient testing.
- Focus on maintaining fast turn-around times.
- Maintain high level of employee satisfaction.
- Work schedule may be modified to meet operational requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- California-licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or California licensed Clinical Genetic Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in medical technology or biological sciences with a curriculum meeting national testing personnel standards.
- Must meet the requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA 88 (42 CFR, part 493).
- Highly organized, be able to work independently, follow standard operating procedures
- A minimum of 6+ years of clinical laboratory experience required.
- Experience in a high complexity CLIA/CAP environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in Molecular Biology, Molecular Pathology, Medical Genetics preferred.
- Familiarity with fluorescence in situ hybridization, next generation sequencing, real-time PCR and mutation detection technologies is very desirable.
- Experience leading a laboratory team preferred.
- Clinical Genetic Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS) – preferred.
- Previous laboratory management experience – preferred.
If interested, please a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail