Histotechnician / Histotechnologist, Molecular Diagnostics
Reports to: Laboratory Director
bioTheranostics develops molecular diagnostics that support the selection of individualized oncology therapies through improved cancer classification, breast cancer risk stratification and prediction of therapeutic benefit, and predictive biomarker testing.
Biotheranostics, Inc. is seeking a highly energetic Cytotechnologist to join our company. Hired person will serve as part of the Laboratory Operations and be responsible for processing formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tumor samples (micro dissecting and histological staining).
- Sectioning of tissues samples for microscopic examination using a microtome.
- Re-embedding of tissue blocks as needed.
- Operation and usage of automated slide stainer.
- Examination of H&E slides to ensure tissue sectioning meets laboratory requirements.
- Maintains laboratory equipment such as slide stainer and microtomes.
- Laser Capture Microdissection of patient slides under supervision of a pathologist.
- Receives and properly identifies samples and associated paperwork.
- Performs daily inventory or maintenance activities in the histology department, maintaining a clean and well-organized workspace.
- Properly tracks samples and subsequent slides into laboratory information system and processes specimens following standard protocols.
- Troubleshoots general problems including missing or conflicting identifier.
- Clerical and administrative functions within the laboratory operation, including documentation to maintain compliance with state, CLIA, and CAP requirements.
- Works with client services department to quickly resolve discrepancies.
- Works well in a cross-functional team environment with meticulous attention to detail, strong data entry skills, excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills
- Be a self-starter in resolving discrepancies and proactively improving operational efficiencies.
- Focuses on quality of patient testing.
- Focuses on maintaining fast turn-around times.
- Reports to VP Laboratory Operations.
- Works closely with the Pathologists, Commercial Operations and Customer Service.
- HT or HTL (ASCP) certification required.
- Experience in tumor identification in patient tissue (preferred).
- Highly organized, ability to work independently, follow standard operation procedures.
Biotheranostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail