Department: Clinical Laboratory
Reporting Structure: Supervisor, Laboratory Staff
Key Requirements and Duties: The accessioner will be responsible for receiving and unpacking specimens, and data entry of patient orders into the laboratory information system (LIS).
- Receives and unpacks specimens, and organizes the associated paperwork to prepare the order for testing.
- Identifies order/ specimen problems and works with Client services and other departments for resolution.
- Performs data entry of patient orders into the laboratory information system (LIS)
- Handles specimen returns and send outs to reference laboratories.
- Follows laboratory’s procedures and CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines for all of the above processes.
- Performs other clerical and administrative functions within the laboratory operations and as directed by lab management.
- Work schedule may be modified
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years of experience in data entry
- Medical background or experience in a lab setting
- Detail oriented with regards to data entry and excellent typing skills
- Able to work productively, effectively, and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks systems simultaneously
If interested, please submit a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail