Laboratory Support Assistant
Department: Clinical Laboratory
Reporting Structure: Supervisor, Laboratory Support
Key Requirements and Duties: The Lab Support Assistant will be responsible for assisting with lab activities in the Clinical Laboratory.
- Creating patient case folders and labels.
- Scanning case order documents into the Lab Information System (LIS)
- Assisting with management of completed case folders and processing for long-term storage.
- Other lab support activities that include cleaning of racks and tube holders, stocking supplies and disposal of samples post retention period.
- Follows laboratory's procedures and CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines for all of the above processes.
- Performs other clerical and administrative functions within the laboratory operations and as directed by lab management.
- Work schedule may be modified.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in a lab setting is preferred
- Able to work productively, effectively, and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks systems simultaneously
- On the job training including, but not limited to: HIPAA, and safety procedures
If interested, please submit a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail