Laboratory Support Supervisor
Department: Clinical Laboratory
Reporting Structure: Reports to Director, Laboratory Operations
Key Requirements and Duties: Responsible for the direct supervision of the lab support team and functions that includes specimen receipt, accessioning, specimen returns, reference lab send-outs and other lab support processes in a Clinical Laboratory.
- Coordinates and leads the staff on day-to-day operations, to include making daily workflow schedules, monitoring department issues, and assisting with resolutions.
- Responsible for performing all routine lab support production activities as needed.
- Ensures that all staff is working in accordance with current SOPs.
- Develop and update SOPs for accessioning, specimen returns, send-outs, and lab support-related.
- Ensures that order-related problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitors work performance to determine staff resources' utilization; Establishes work performance standards and adjusts staffing levels as needed.
- Responsible for hiring, training and competency assessments of lab support staff.
- Participates in personnel management activities for the department, conducts performance appraisals and develops plans for improvements.
- Provides KPI metrics and productivity reports to management.
- Supports the lab information system change processes to conduct user acceptance testing; contributes to the development of internal systems to support departmental and corporate goals.
- Works with leaders in the various laboratory groups to support day to day operations.
- Works with Client Services department to quickly resolve issues.
- Be a self-starter in resolving discrepancies and proactively improving operational efficiencies.
- Focuses on quality of patient accessioning, understanding that comprehensive accessioning is the key to maintaining accurate patient identification throughout the patient testing workflow.
- Focuses on maintaining fast turn-around-time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least three years of experience supervising a support service operation or business function
- Relevant experience in specimen accessioning
- Prior experience in a clinical laboratory setting preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within team environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients
- Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
If interested, please submit a copy of your CV/Resume to us to apply.E-mail